Prev: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS Next: Re: GEV Tank

Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 19:16:20 -0500
Subject: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS

At 9:25 AM +1100 3/3/02, Derek Fulton wrote:

>The differences being the barrel, no conical flash suppressor and
>the magazine. Straight has opposed to curved. Did a search and found
>this picture;
>
>http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg10-e.htm
>
>I never handled the 7.62mm Bren, although it was still in service in
>the Australian Army for quite some time. Used in Vietnam and
>continued in service into the 1980's, I can remember regular army
>units firing this weapon on the range when I was a teenager. The
>last time I came across the Bren was when I saw some army reserve
>officer cadets under going weapons instruction, but by this stage I
>think the Bren was almost exclusively a training tool.

Actually the 7.62 Brens are still in use today. The Indians have lots
of them. SLRS and Enfields too. The Indian government just handed out
a bunch of Enfields to some villagers in Kashmir as self defense
tool. Not that they showed them much as far as training.
Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |
	| O--=-  |	       |
    1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo

Prev: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS Next: Re: GEV Tank