Prev: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS Next: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS

Re: IJN/UNSC technology

From: "Anthony Leibrick" <A.Leibrick@b...>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 11:29:51 -0800
Subject: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Bayan Schoonmaker" <s_schoon@pacbell.net>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 8:20 AM

> On 3/1/02 7:34 AM, "bob_eldridge@mindspring.com"
> <bob_eldridge@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Looking at the beautiful model of the Musashi class dreadnought, I
think
the
> > Japanese need some sort of spinal mount weapon.
>
> I'd say that in general, there should be spinal mount rules, replacing
the
> outdated Nova/Wave Gun rules with something more general.
>
> Schoon

How about a Grazer  as the name has not been used for a weapon	by the
list.

My concept:
Slightly less accurate than beams, able to cut through armour and to
cause
horrendous amounts of damage to unsheilded targets due to cascading
damage

Details:
3 classes Grazer A B C (the names mean nothing, you could call them
Light,
Medium, Heavy which would make more sense)
Masses and ranges same as beam 4,5 and 6
To hit at up to half max range 5-6, over half to max 6
Damage:
Lights roll 1 die,Mediums 2 dice, Heavys 4 dice. Damage equals dice
total
Against armoured targets  1 DP of each die takes out an armour box, the
rest
goes on the hull
If the target is unshielded rolls of 5 and 6 are re-rolled and damage is
totally against hull .
If target has shield 1, only rolls of 6 are re-rolled
If shield 2, no re-rolls.
Phalons shrouds as in FB 2 are treated as shield 2 but Phalon carapace
is
slightly more complex
One layer is treated as armour (i.e absorbs 1 dp of each die)
A second layer absorbs a further 2 dp, third layer 3 dps this includes
damage from re-rolls and if there is a fourth layer it would absorb a
further 4 dps
Example
A Light hitting an un shrouded	Phalon with 4 layers and rolling 5 on
the
damage die,  1 dp is absorb by first layer 2 by 2nd and 2 by the 3rd ,
you
then re-roll that die. If for example the re-roll was 5 or 6 then the
3rd
layer absorbs a further 1 dp and a 4th layer a maximum a 4 dp from that
die
any dps left over and further re-rolls are against the hull.

Cost:
Perhaps 4 x mass

Comments ?

<engage field>

Prev: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS Next: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS