Prev: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: IJN/UNSC technology

Re: IJN/UNSC technology

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 21:10:27 GMT
Subject: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

In message <B8A4EA54.2B24%s_schoon@pacbell.net>
	  Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On 3/1/02 7:34 AM, "bob_eldridge@mindspring.com"
> <bob_eldridge@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Looking at the beautiful model of the Musashi class dreadnought, I
think the
> > Japanese need some sort of spinal mount weapon.
>
> I'd say that in general, there should be spinal mount rules, replacing
the
> outdated Nova/Wave Gun rules with something more general.
>
> Schoon

Hmm, thinking about that - you could used the BITS (British Isles
Traveller Support) Traveller Full Thrust rules for spinal mounts - I'll
see if I can find a URL, but IIRC, they had the following features:

Forward Arc only
Automatically hit 1 target in range (long range)
Did a number of D6 damage (possibly based on class)
Fire once per 2 rounds
Cannot fire on first turn of battle

I don't remember what their mass or cost was - probably quite high! :-)

I'd modify them to use the Fixed Fire Arc rules from the WDA (but then
I would, wouldn't I ;-) - ie'. their fire arc is a 30 degree wide wedge
centred on the ships centreline. (Essentially, the weapon is fixed, the
narrow fire arc represents the granularity of the Full Thrust turning
rules).

Charles

--

Prev: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: IJN/UNSC technology