Prev: Re: OT: Hunting Rounds Next: Re: TOES INTO THE DUMPER

BAR

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:47:08 -0600 (CST)
Subject: BAR

DONOGH,  that beast is not an assaualt rifle.

at around 25-pounds, with a high or low choice of autofire settings, it
was supposed to be a LMG with a bipod for WW I use with infantry
squads.but,  there  was no provision to change	barrels in the field.

think of it as an early SAW, or a machine rifle.

a good	weapon, reliable, robust,  and with  good record as a killer and
maimer of  enemy soldiers, the BAR served in all  post WW I USA  wars
and police  actions.

the BREN  LMG, the MENDOZA LMG,  MADSEN LMG, LEWIS LMG, and the latest
issue WW II French Army LMG were all arguably better weapons though.

DAWGIE

Prev: Re: OT: Hunting Rounds Next: Re: TOES INTO THE DUMPER