Prev: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: Re: TOES INTO THE DUMPER

TOES INTO THE DUMPER

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:34:27 -0600 (CST)
Subject: TOES INTO THE DUMPER

LOL- how  very true!

combat soldiers  will rapidly go through  their  weapons and equipment,
making	vale judgements about must have,  nice to have and must be
tossed!

in the	RVN ther were 20 plus USA inantry TOEs in use, and every one
ofthem was modified by soldiers in the field to sit their  needs.

in the BIG RED ONE, we	were issued piece of crap helmet radios for the
use of	squad and  fire team leaders.

we made a determined  effort to destroy or sink  into very deep water
everyone  we were issued, until the powes that be wised up and issued 4
PRC-25s to each infantry platoon.

when issued  piece of crap M-16s, we replaced them with M-14s, and even
AKs. when these were taken away, and "improved " M-16s re-issued, M-14A2
(the SAW ) was retained, USA issue 12-ga pump shotguns, privately owned
shotguns and pistols  appeared in huge	numbers, along with scrounged
M-3 grease gns, Swedishs and  M-2 carbines as backups.

the brass took away the WW II backup weapons, but left the  GI shotguns,
privately owned  weapons and the M-14A2 SAWs alone.

TOE called for 2 LMG per infantry platoon, but we "liberated" enough to
have
 add at least a 3rd LMG per platoon, and  the number of M-79s increased
from  1 per squad to 2 per squad in an effort to make p for lost
firepower during the routine mass M-16 malfunctions that occured in
almost every firefight.

soldiers will find a way to increse their own survivability regardless
of what is fficial or not.

DAWGIE

Prev: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: Re: TOES INTO THE DUMPER