Prev: Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

From: <bob_eldridge@m...>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 11:18:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

Thanks, Indy, I will.
gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu wrote:
> bob_eldridge@mindspring.com wrote:
>
> Looking at the beautiful model of the Musashi class dreadnought, I
think the Japanese need some sort of spinal mount weapon. The Beam-4
doesn't have quite the right flavor to me, it seems to bulky and
notsufficiently powerful, while the Nova Cannon and Wave gun are too
implausible and cartoonish for my taste. The Kr'vak K-gun or the 'big
beam" (I forget what it's called) from Jon's B5W adaptation seem the
closest to what I have in mind. Has anyone adapted the B5 big beam to
Fleet Book stats?

THere are some floating around out there somewhere (I don't remember who
has the latest; Brendan, maybe??). My B5 rules are a few years out of
date,
alas. However, if you want to look at them for inspiration, leap on over
to:

http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/new-rules.html

They were designed pre-FB1. But could be relatively easily updated (if I
had more time :-/ ).

Mk

Prev: Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: Re: IJN/UNSC technology