Prev: Re: Mortars Next: Re: painting SG figures question

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

From: katie@f...
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:32:45 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

Quoting Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net>:

> > It means doing long term storage doesn't require any repacking.
> Things like
> > terrain are nice and safe, and the only trick required is directing
> the crates
> > to the right room.
>
> Get some 1" colored stickers from Office Mac.  Every box that comes
> from Room A has a red sticker, from room B has a blue, etc.

Yeah, I failed to get round to labelling them. I was working on the
basis I
could direct traffic at the front door "put that one in the games room
and that
one in the office"; but then people started trying to place furniature
with
more creativity than understanding of the final goal[1], and it was
taking me a
while to get to places...

By the time I got back the garage was full of stuff, piled up in
inaccessible
ways that have taken six weeks of faffinf with before I have a garage
which is
merely full.[2]

Transparent crates might be a better idea, but I can't find any that are

intentionally transparent. {As oppposed to just "made cheaply".}

[1] And my mother kept fussing over hanging curtains and whether we had
enough
of the right curtain hooks and things. Like it's supposed to be the
FIRST thing
you do or something.

[2] Not that it's any use for anything else. I thought people on the
estate
owned a lot of cars, hence, lots on drives. Looking more closely, one
notices
they're all Beemer-3s or brand new Puggy 307s or Focii... now if they're
on the
drive, whats in the garage? The answer is: the lawnmower. These are new
houses
and therefore (presumably in the name of space economy) have, in
essence,
ornamental garages.

I found this out after I had bought the place - when we went and
measured all
the rooms and made cardboard scale furniature and scale floorplans to
work out
where everything was going. We included a scale floor plan of the
garage, and a
bundle of scale model crates, to see how many crates would fit in the
garage
and still leave room for my car. The answer is "all of them" because the
scale
model car barely fits through the scale model doorway... certainly not
with the
kind of margins I'd consider usable.

My other half suggested I should have the garage door taken out, a
window put
in and a door knocked through into the hall, because while it's a very
small
garage it would make a very big room.. in fact it would make two
sensibly sized
rooms.

What I would do with it, I don't know - I already have an office and a
games
room. Two games rooms would be an extravagence....

Prev: Re: Mortars Next: Re: painting SG figures question