Prev: [SG-WW2] Mortars Next: Re: Mortars

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

From: katie@f...
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 08:39:05 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

Quoting Robert Makowsky <rmakowsky@yahoo.com>:

> After 11 moves in the past 18 years I follow the
> following rule:
>
> If a box has been moved while still packed from a move
> more than 2 ago it gets thrown out.
>
> You can loot it for valuables* prior to tossing. <G>
>
> Bob
>
> *valuables- old wargames, figures, models rulesets
> etc.

Heh.

Big secret to moving is big plastic storage crates. I spent about 300
quid on
them before this move for the stuff accumulated since the last move.
Everything
goes in the crates, the crates go in the van, then they go in the
garage.

It means doing long term storage doesn't require any repacking. Things
like
terrain are nice and safe, and the only trick required is directing the
crates
to the right room.

My "office furniature" consists of these cube things from Ikea. You're
supposed
to fit shelves and doors and things to the cubes, but if you just leave
them as
cubes... crates go in them.

This time however, I wasn't able to do the moving due to the busted knee
- I
had a number of enthusiastic helpers. Who seem to have sorted the crates
by
size first, then colour... not by content...

All of this is probably now unnecessary since I've bought the place and
ain't
planning on moving again soon.

Old friend to whom I'm renting a room while he finishes up his doctoral
research says it's the 15th address he's had since starting his PhD. And
good
god is he skilled at moving... It took him a day to pack, two days to
unpack
and his entire life would have fitted into the van about three times
over.