Prev: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: Re: Pushy Lawn Bug + Drybrushing

Pushy Lawn Bug + Drybrushing

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 02:59:36 -0500
Subject: Pushy Lawn Bug + Drybrushing

I'm not sure whether to be terrified or to laugh.
Probably a bit of both. A cute product, G-man!
And I like your Martian Walker too.

Does anyone have a good reference (FAQ, URL,
etc) on drybrushing particularly? It's the one
aspect of painting I absolutely suck at and it
seems the key to getting the edges of uniforms,
etc. right. I can do washes, I'm pretty careful
with colour edging, and I'm pretty good with
colour schemes for camo and such. But I just
can't drybrush to save my life. Whenever I try,
either no paint is deposited, or too much and in
the wrong places.

If I wasn't so busy (just flocked 24 guys for
Saturday morning and am in mid-painting of
terrain for Saturday night now.... and the
weekend only gets busier!), I'd have tried to sit
in on Stu's painting clinic. Maybe I can bribe him
with a beer to give me the "ABCs" of
drybrushing. But any help/references from the
list would be welcome.

Tomb Raider
Printing out scenario notes and returning to
painting and packing (I don't have to drive
tomorrow, and maybe I can sleep through JP's
verbal strikes....).
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

Corruptisima republica plurimae leges.
[The more corrupt a republic, the more laws.]
-- Tacitus

Prev: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: Re: Pushy Lawn Bug + Drybrushing