Prev: RE: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them... Next: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

From: "Claus Paludan" <cpaludan@w...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:23:59 GMT
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de writes:

> Apart from runners (possibly on bicycles, motorcycles or horses),
other
> means of communication would have been field telephone lines (mostly
> for defensive positions, of course), hand or flag signals and flares.

> A variety of flares of different colours or types would be used to
> convey a standard set of messages, like an alert call, the reaching of

> specific positions etc. I guess this could include calling down fire
> onto 1 or 2 pre-defined targets.

Good points!

I have somewhat of an idea emerging here, which will include some
modifiers
to the communication roll - I'll get back when it's ready for test :-)

Ps : Karl - did you get what you wanted from our discussion board?

 ---
With kind regards
Claus Paludan

W-site [privat] : http://www.krigsspil.dk

Prev: RE: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them... Next: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster