Prev: Re: Differential GPS Next: Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic)

Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic)

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:33:53 -0000
Subject: Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic)

----- Original Message -----
From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@yahoo.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 1:23 PM

> Polite, timid Scottsman?  Pshaw!
>
> Yeah right...
>
> You won't trick me that way... I still think it's NOT the Scotts, but
> Hobbits what invented golf.
>
> Scottish hobbits... might as well have an agnostic Pope while you're
at
> it...
>
> --Flak

When I was at school in Edinburgh, one of our chemistry teachers was
known
as Hobbit. He was from the North of England, and was short, pipe-smoking
and
hid his undoubtedly large and hairy feet in those odd shoes people used
wear- the ones like yellow plastic bridies.  His real name was
Broadfoot!
So, you're right- we do have hobbits, but have to import them.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: Differential GPS Next: Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic)