Prev: RE: [SG] SLAMs in Stargrunt Next: Re: small ships: escorts vs raiders

Re: newbie SG2 question

From: Randy Stoda <stodas@f...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:49:01 -0600
Subject: Re: newbie SG2 question

"Robertson, Brendan" wrote:

> On Thursday, February 28, 2002 2:53 AM, Jim Hopper
> [SMTP:jhopper@technicalpoint.com] wrote:
> > Is there any reason why a player would have his EW unit go INACTIVE?
 Is
> > there any detriment to being ACTIVE?  I couldn't find any.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim Hopper
> >

> You're screaming to the world "here I am, come shoot me!".

Yes, that's true, but there really doesn't seem to be any _game_ effect.
 In
Dirtside, having ADE active increases the vehicle's signature by 1, but
there
doesn't seem to be a game mechanic in SG that reflects the additional
electronic noise that would be generated by an active EW unit.	One
thing
might be that a hidden unit that turns on its EW must be placed on the
table...but that doesn't help w/EW units already out in the open.  I'm
just
thinking out loud here...anyone else?

Prev: RE: [SG] SLAMs in Stargrunt Next: Re: small ships: escorts vs raiders