Prev: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II Next: Re: [FullThrust] Low thrust small ship designs

Re: small ships

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:45:41 EST
Subject: Re: small ships

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:07:01 -0500 "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
writes:
>> Also, an armor point would do wonders for the survivability of these
>> so called escorts.
>
>I thought about that but mass 8 is a break point and I need mass 4 for
>the weapons load, it all follows from there.  And 1 each hull lus
>armor dies pretty quick too.
>
>The Islamic Fed fleet was designed based on the theory espoused by the
>Soviet navy:  get off one big punch, and if it's big enough , you
>won't have to deal with the counterpunch.  Games in which the IF is
>represented tend to be pretty quick, one way or another--particularly
>if I bring mostly SMR-bearing variants.

So what does the IF use for offensive missions?  And more importantly
(since this is a small ship thread,) what escorts it?  Does the IF ever
use convoy escorts?

That raises the problem - how does one provide escorts for a convoy of
merchants jumping into a system?  They by definition arrive scattered
based on the PSB mechanics of FT jump technology.  Arrival might be the
most vulnerable time for non-combat ships.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II Next: Re: [FullThrust] Low thrust small ship designs