Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW JAP SHIPS ONLINE!!!! :-) Next: Re: FTL COMMUNICATIONS

Re: Differential GPS

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:12:59 +1100
Subject: Re: Differential GPS

> With DGPS for Aviation use they have been touting
> centimeter accuracy.
>
> Magic

Yup - POTENTIAL accuracy - not average accuracy  - I have a techie from
NAVMAN with me as I write this, there are many contributing factors to
the
precision of a GPS with or without DGPS - the beacons do improve
accuracy,
but only limiting the margin of error to about 1 metre otherwise, most
civilian units will achieve this some of the time but will range around
5
metres most of the time :-)
 Now I have to go and sell Richard a fishing licence....

Brendan

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW JAP SHIPS ONLINE!!!! :-) Next: Re: FTL COMMUNICATIONS