Prev: RE: FTL COMMUNICATIONS Next: Re: Pulsar Nav accuracy

Re: FTL COMMUNICATIONS

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:17:06 +0000
Subject: Re: FTL COMMUNICATIONS

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:10:10AM -0500, Bell, Brian K (Contractor)
wrote:

>By then they will be sending AI holographic constructs of themselves,
so
>that the party they are sending it to can carry on a conversation. Then
the
>AIs send updates back and forth. No. Messages will NOT be small, and
the
>space taken to hold them will not be inconsequential.

For a story supporting this view, I heartily recommend Sarah Zettel's
_Fool's War_ - in that universe, information is the only thing with a
high enough value-per-bulk to justify the expense of interstellar
shipping.

Prev: RE: FTL COMMUNICATIONS Next: Re: Pulsar Nav accuracy