Prev: RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity Next: RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:13:47 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

On Tuesday, February 26, 2002 11:59 AM, Brian Bilderback
[SMTP:bbilderback@hotmail.com] wrote:
> Brendan Robertson wrote:
> >Vehicles take up 1.5 times their own capacity, so a size 7 vehicle
would
> >occupy 7*5*1.5 = 52.5 CS of cargo space.
>
> I'm assuming this is a HR?  Because that's not what MT states.
Oops, I'm mixing up DS & SG rules.  DS vehicles can carry other vehicles
at
1.5 x capacity.  It seemed simple to carry this across for rules
consistancy.

> >Note that this is combat ready
> >status.  You can pack them in at the full 1 CP = 1 CS but you would
need
> >uncrate them & prep them on arrival.
>
> How do you play this out in game play?  A turn delay to ready them for

> deployment?

More like a whole day's delay.	There's unloading, unpacking, primary
testing, secondary testing, refeuling etc, etc, etc.  It's not something
you
want to do on a hot landing.

The reason for 1 mass = 25 CS is partly due to the change in FT
construction.  It may seem restrictive, but when you use a 200 mass bulk
freighter or a military cargo ship, it still carries a lot of vehicles
(about 120 size 5 main battle tanks + crew).  It just means a FT combat
capable starship can't carry ground vehicles efficiently.

*****
Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/

Prev: RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity Next: RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity