Prev: RE: SPS/Pulsars Next: Space Sports

Re: [OT] Flag stomping

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: 25 Feb 2002 13:08:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Flag stomping

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 12:50, Tomb wrote:
> FYI:
>
> The way the CBC reported things, the US Women's Team put the Canadian
> Flag on their locker room floor in order to remind them who they were
> there to beat and who was hot on their heels. Supposedly they (out of
> respect) did not walk on it. It just occupied floorspace.
> And the Canadian comment after the Gold was a good rejoinder "The
> Americans had our flag on their dressing room floor, now I want to
know
> if they want us to sign it?".

IMO, it's still a disrepectful way to treat a flag.  But then, as an MP
I participated in flag call lots of times, often on holidays (when the
flag was HUGE) and letting the flag touch the ground was a big no-no.

> I'm sure it was all in the spirit of preparing for competition, but in
> this case it may have served to fire up the Canadian team - perhaps a
> backfire of sorts.

*sigh*	Yeah... As much has been said by the papers I've read since the
US women's team lost...

> Tomb

> PPPS - A big raspberry to the Russians who doped and to the government
> who seems to be acting like a petulant 5-year old.... ("I'm taking my
> stuff and going home!"). If you cheat, and get caught, you should be
> turfed. End of story. It applied to Canada (Ben Johnson comes to mind)
> and it should apply to any other nation. Win fair or lose fair... I
> respect either. Cheating is beneath contempt.

Yeah... What were they thinking... duh...

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

Prev: RE: SPS/Pulsars Next: Space Sports