Prev: RE: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy Next: RE: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

Re: Space Nav

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:02:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Space Nav

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Robert Makowsky wrote:
> Normally I let this veiled US bashing pass.  The US
> can induce errors into the GPS system due to the fact
> that the US conceived built and launched it.	Is it
> useful to the rest of the world?  The US hopes so.
> Can anyone use it?  Of course.  During a conflict if
> it is determined that a foe is using GPS data for
> accurate targeting will the US decrease the
> un-encrypted accuracy.  Most assuredly.

What's gotten into people today? Lots more bitching on the list that
usual. Slow down, people...

How is what TomB said 'veiled US bashing'? The US runs the GPS sat
network; anyone who's used GPS knows that the US can, if it feels the
need, degrade the accuracy of that system. Pointing this out counts as
US
bashing?

(Now, what happened to your Olympic women's hockey team last night -
*that* was US bashing in grand style, and in front of a Yank audience to
boot! Go Canada!)

(Here's hoping our men's team repeats the performance this weekend - as
write Canada is trashing Belorussia, 7-1 and it's not over yet! Double
hockey gold would be so cool!)

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -