Prev: RE: other periods Next: Re: re: other periods

Re: other periods

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:34:34 -0600
Subject: Re: other periods

Jim,

To add to Michael's point ,I who normally plays 25mm in most things make
a scale departure in WW2 and moderns. I have found 15 to (small)20mm
better for these type of games for a whole host of reasons. One being
the
heavy use of vehicles which in larger scale takes up to much room on the
games table. The other reason of course is the price, a company of armor
can get quite steep in 25mm. The other great thing about the smaller
scale
is there are many cheap sources for troops and vehicles and not all are
the
approved gaming companies. As an example of this I just a few weeks ago
picked up a bunch of M1A1s, M109s, MLRSs, HEMITs, Bradleys, and
an AVALB. These are made by a Chinese company (forget the name) these
are plastic models in 1/87th or about 17mm scale and are already
painted.
The only thing I'm going to do is put a camo scheme on them, and at
between
$2.00 and $3.00 a piece not bad. ROCO also makes a great line of
vehicles
and if you add the Old Glory 15s your good to go.

Don

 Not wanting to start a jihad over the correct scale, I would say that
you
could
 do much worse than Old Glory 15s.  @50 to a bag ($12.50 US), though
heavy
 weapons (HMG, mortars) come in separate bags (with crew).  Focus is on
Late
 (1944+) war, with some 1940 and Western Desert.  Vehicles come 3 to a
bag
for @
 $15.00 US.  For a $50.00 investment you can field a full strength
company
(at
 1-1).

 Mixes well with Peter Pig (which is harder to find in the US).

Prev: RE: other periods Next: Re: re: other periods