Prev: Re: Things that make you go "Ummmm." Next: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:29:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

> Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>
> > G'day guys,
> >
> > Two quick questions.
> >
> > 1) How much do you really think FTLing knocks you
> around? I was just...
-----
Hi Beth,
     I would think that in the FT form of travel
the trip is quite passive.   6 hour recharge between
jumps, thousands of merchant ships, many thousands
of warships, massive colony ships infers that the
process is not harmful to the human body/mind even
after frequent exposure.

> > 2) You'd see the same constellations if on a plant
> in the same solar system,...
-----
Have no fear, the human mind will develop local
legends for the other planets.

Slightly off the subject of your post..
Navigation well most likey be done by using at least
three known pulsars to determine location in space.
Kind of like looking at 'lighthouses' in the stars.

Prev: Re: Things that make you go "Ummmm." Next: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers