Prev: introduction Next: Re: Re: [OT] Starship Troopers

RE: introduction

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:03:38 -0500
Subject: RE: introduction

>Wanted to take a brief moment to introduce myself to the list.

welcome to the list!  the main thing to be aware of is that there is a
surprising variety of expertise on ths list.  If someone is talking
about how long it takes to pull a machine gun off a body, or the
sensitivity of space-based IR sensors, or what it feels like to get
blown out of a tank that's run over a mine...well, there's a pretty good
chance that they know from experience.	(There are also a few of us--eg
me--who are happy to talk even though we're bewildered, but sometimes
*sound* convincing).

>A few quick questions then: is there a comprehensive list of all the
acronyms used in the game out there somewhere.	I found one on one of
the
SG2 sites but it was far from complete.

TomB/Adrian, this would be a good thing to add to www.Stargrunt.ca

>Has anyone come up with a list relating the infantry type to the actual
official SG2 figure from GZG?

The descriptions of teh 25mm figs should tell you (IIRC) what the troops
are holding, but if you want a weapon in your platoon and the figures
don't carry it, just make sure your opponent knows that "what looks like
a SAW is actually a flame thrower", or whatever.

Prev: introduction Next: Re: Re: [OT] Starship Troopers