Prev: RE: [ECC]The Multitudes of Lancaster Housing Woes Next: Re: Thanks

Re: MT Questions

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:47:29 -0500
Subject: Re: MT Questions

> One of the things I found interesting were the rules for entering
orbit.
> I was wondering if anyone had done any HR's for Gravity

What I use is "gravity effects are calculated at the beginning of the
turn, and applied at the end of movement."

> and atmospheric effects and manouvers such as atmospheric skipping,
gravity slingshotting,

gravity slingshot only really works if you are dropping a fair amount
of mass at the bottom of the well (usually by burning off propellant).
FT ships use no appreciable mass of fuel, so this won't work.
However, Keith Watt has on http://www.exodusproject.com/ rules for
fuel use and such if you want to incorporate them.