Prev: ot-Something funny Next: Sorry to be OT but.........

Re: [OT] oddball enrivonment questions

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:38:43 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] oddball enrivonment questions

----- Original Message -----
From: <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de>
> Rick Rutherford schrieb:
> > the bullets & grenades kicked up a lot of moon dust,
> > which was represented by a cotton ball
> > of "smoke".
> >
> > Of course, there isn't any wind on the moon, so the
> > cotton balls didn't move or blow away, and during the
> > course of the game the terrain on the battlefield was
> > slowly modified as the players took shots at each other.
>
> Actually, I'm not sure this was the right effect. Certainly there is
no
> wind to blow away the smoke and dust.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the clouds wouldn't be stationary
either.
Clouds from "Air burst" grenades will continue to move at the speed the
grenade was flying before the explosion. The clouds from projectiles
kicking
up dust or from ground burst are more complex, depending on how much is
kicked up, at what angle the missile hit the ground etc., but there is a
good chance they will be moving, too, in the general direction the
missile
was flying.

Greetings

Prev: ot-Something funny Next: Sorry to be OT but.........