Prev: Anyone know where Wet Thrust is? Next: Re: Stormtroopers

Re: Stormtroopers

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:16:45 -0800
Subject: Re: Stormtroopers

Well, we did see a lot of head on passes in the movie. But we never see
the whole battle or know exactly how many TIEs were launched; but I am
pretty sure it's 30 rebels (90% casualties). LucasArts did put the
situation into X-Wing, but it's a hack job and focuses more on the
trench itself than trying to portray the dogfighting in any real way.

Based on the more "realistic" battles in the X-Wing series I can say
that 15 X Wings can kill a lot of TIE fighters, and a Y-Wing that wants
to waste torpedoes on a flight of TIEs can knock out 6-8 in a head-on
pass from more than 3km. The Imperials want at least 2-1 odds against X-

and Y- wings, preferrably 3-1 just to make it challenging. I could see
90-120 elite TIEs being involved, and most of those ending getting
smoked. I'll have to look into the X-Wing Allliance mod scene and see if

anyone has tried to do the battle as one big mission.