Prev: [DS]Reason for going to DS2 Next: Re: [DS]Reason for going to DS2

Re: [DS]Reason for going to DS2

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:38:58 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS]Reason for going to DS2

"laserlight@quixnet.net" wrote:

> >Just out of curiosity, how many of the listers got into GZG the same
way I
> >did - because we were introduced to SF gaming through other games,
got
> >hooked on the genre, but came to realize said introductory game
sucked?

[many other people's origins here]

I was "dragged" into FT one year when vacationing out in Colorado (same
week/trip I discovered B5, in fact ;-). Visiting some college friends
there between trips into the mountains one evening, my one friend one
friend decided to get my opinion of "this new space game". It used
miniatures, which was selling me right away (had been collecting
miniatures since I don't remember - the old Superior line of Starfleet
Wars were the first *real* minis I had collected, but I had other
plastic
toys dating further back than that I used for my own battles as a kid).
We
played one game, and I was hooked (what really hooked me was the
pseudo-realistic movement of the ships that no other game had - you
apply
thrust, you go forward, you stop applying thrust, you drift forward -
too
refreshingly obvious and neat!!!). I found the email list a month or so
later. Been here ever since (but more in a lurking capacity lately due
being overly busy with RL and stuff :-/ ).

Prev: [DS]Reason for going to DS2 Next: Re: [DS]Reason for going to DS2