Prev: Re: Life begins to copy GZG..... Next: Re: Greetings, Aged One.

Re: [DS]Campaign

From: Christopher Pipinou <cpip@j...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:16:06 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS]Campaign

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:59:37 -0500 "Robert W. Eldridge"
<bob_eldridge@mindspring.com> writes:
> Truth be told, I got into GZG partly because I'm a pathological
collector of
> rules (not to mention figures),  partly because I saw some of the ship
> models and was curious about the background that went with them, and
partly
> because I was desperately looking for a sensible set of space ship
> miniatures rules that did not involve the "Star Trek" universe in  any
way,
> shape, or form, and that was at the "realistic" end of the gaming
> spectrum.
> Then I went from FT to SGII to DSII.

At the risk of "me too"-ing... that's very nearly the exact story of how
I got into it... spotted FT in the store, wanted a starship battles game
for a universe I was brewing on my own, picked it up, saw it was
generic,
rejoiced, and from there, moved to SGII, joined this list, heard great
things about Dirtside... and had my FLGS order it. :)

And I've been happy ever since.

Best,

Prev: Re: Life begins to copy GZG..... Next: Re: Greetings, Aged One.