Prev: [DS]LAD versus GMS/L Next: Re: [DS]LAD versus GMS/L

Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:50:49 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

On 2/13/02 10:47 AM, "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@noridian.com> wrote:

>> I was even thinking of running a piece of coat hanger wire
>> throught this one
>> myself.
>
> I was thinking of that too, drilling straight through the middle
sections
> and using a brass rod or other straight wire as a spine for the ship
and
> wondered if anyone had done this yet.  I just worry about keeping all
the
> holes straight...

OK, here's the trick (or at least one of them): make sure the hole you
drill
is slightly bigger than the wire you use, and when building, do it
vertically. It takes a bit of attention to make sure it's straight, but
the
larger hole gives you a bit of play in case you're "drilling challenged"
;-)

Prev: [DS]LAD versus GMS/L Next: Re: [DS]LAD versus GMS/L