Prev: Re: [FT] More Thrust Next: Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:58:22 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

wrote:

>> Since the sections in these ships should all be straight in a line, I
was
>> wondering how others assembled these minis.	Did you pin the sections
>> together to keep them straight?  If you didn't pin them, are they
looking a
>> bit crooked?  Stuff like that or any other tips anyone has on the
assembly
>> of these minis.
>
>I purchased the SDN-X when it first came out.	I used good two part
epoxy
>and epoxied it together.  I then half-way painted it and it has been
>on a shelf ever since.  Recently I went back to finish it as I have
found
>people willing to play.  It broke at one of the epoxy joints.	I'm
going
>to pin it.  This is the first epoxy joint I've ever had fail.	I think
>the weight and stress just finally was more than the small epoxy
surface
>area could hold.

Our tradestand display ones have survived pretty well with just
superglued
joints (no pinning at all), despite being shaken the hell out of in the
back of the van for an average of six hours driving to each show, over a
dozen times a year! In all that movement, the only casualty I've had was
the hangar block of the light carrier coming adrift from the wing
section
on one trip.

Just out of curiosity, are the ones that are giving trouble direct from
us
in the UK, or are they GeoHex made ones? I'm wondering if the extra
"generation" separating the US castings from the UK masters  accounts
for
the looser fit of the peg-and-sleeve joints, as most of ours seem to be
quite tight..... (and NO, I'm not touching that joke with someone else's
ten foot pole.....)  ;-)

Jon (GZG)