Prev: Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly Next: Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:06:19 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

On 13-Feb-02 at 12:41, Dean Gundberg (Dean.Gundberg@noridian.com) wrote:

> Since the sections in these ships should all be straight in a line, I
was
> wondering how others assembled these minis.  Did you pin the sections
> together to keep them straight?  If you didn't pin them, are they
looking a
> bit crooked?	Stuff like that or any other tips anyone has on the
assembly
> of these minis.

I purchased the SDN-X when it first came out.  I used good two part
epoxy
and epoxied it together.  I then half-way painted it and it has been
on a shelf ever since.	Recently I went back to finish it as I have
found
people willing to play.  It broke at one of the epoxy joints.  I'm going
to pin it.  This is the first epoxy joint I've ever had fail.  I think
the weight and stress just finally was more than the small epoxy surface
area could hold.

Prev: Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly Next: Re: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly