Prev: First draught FT page was RE: My website has moved Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Shipyard Update.......

Re: [FT] Yet another suggestion for balancing stinger nodes

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:24:47 GMT
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet another suggestion for balancing stinger nodes

In message <DAD265C5-1F23-11D6-BB85-003065E3C6C8@chartermi.net>
	  Kevin Walker <sage@chartermi.net> wrote:

> On Monday, February 11, 2002, at 12:55 PM, Charles Taylor wrote:
>
> > Well, I sort of remember the earlier suggestion, but I didn't recall
> > anything about allowing stingers with overlapping arcs combining
their
> > attacks and being treated as a 'single' stinger (but I could have
missed
> > it).
> > OTOH, you do have a valid point about the Thy'Sa'Teth and the
> > Vas'Sa'Teth though :-(
>
> It's possible that the overlapping arcs were not specifically spelled
> out and the discussion here may have been different than the ones
> discussed via other groups.  My proposal (I believe it was I that
> brought this basic idea to the play testers) was stingers wanting to
> fire at the same target could combined together their output power to
> enable reaching into further bands, needing to match the energy levels

> of the original rules.
>
> I'd like to thank you for bringing this up again.  I still like this
> approach better than the limiting the range bands of the SV, but thats

> just me.
> :))
>

> Kevin Walker
> sage@chartermi.net

Well, I actually thought it up while trying to come up with some alien
tech for my 'no they're not vorlons' fleet (as assortment of AoG B5Wars
and B5 Fleet Action vorlon ships - mostly the latter - that I found
going cheap). One idea was a varient of Sa'Vas'Ku bio-tech (I was
feeling brave) - with stingers grouped in 4's (2x AP-FP-F, + 2x AS-FS-F)
using the aformentioned 'limited power' rule and allowing overlapping
stingers to compine (up to all 4 in a group). The idea was inspired by
the 'lightning cannon' that AoG Vorlons use in B5Wars.
The rest of their tech was a combination of SV and human - they used
spicules, screen nodes, and SV drive nodes, but used normal fighter
hangers rather than drone wombs. They had no pod launchers, so had
normal ADFCs for area defence.
I then decided it was eaier just to play around with standard FB1 tech
and abandoned the concept (for now).

Charles

Prev: First draught FT page was RE: My website has moved Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Shipyard Update.......