Prev: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!! Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:06:25 +0000
Subject: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:00:19AM -0500, Roger Books wrote:
>Fly up, shoot, ships blow up, fly by.
>
>I can trivially program my computer to fight vector.  Tactics are
>next to non-existant.	What fun is that?

Decisions to make:

- for each of your ships, what range are you going to try to maintain
between it and the enemy?
- given that, what formation do you use?
- do you split your force and send some ships round the side?
- given the range you want to maintain, when do you start to turn away
from the enemy?

It's not trivial.

Prev: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!! Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON