Prev: Re: [FT] Yet another suggestion for balancing stinger nodes Next: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB

RE: [FT] Yet another suggestion for balancing stinger nodes

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:00:42 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Yet another suggestion for balancing stinger nodes

On Monday, February 11, 2002 10:44 AM, Kevin Walker
[SMTP:sage@chartermi.net] wrote:
> Going with 4 PP per stinger the maximum PP each of the following ships

> can use for stinger weapons is:
> Var'Arr'Sha thru Var'TheeSha	- 2/3
> Thy'Sa'Teth - 1/4
> Shyy'Tha'Var	- 1/2
> Ann'Var'Teth - 8/15
> Sla'Tha'Rosh - 3/4
> Vash'Sa'Rosh - 8/10
> Vas'Sa'Teth - 4/11
>
> Please forgive me if any small errors are in these quickly calculated
> ratios.
>
> At 8 PP per stinger node all the existing designs can use all of their

> PP via nodes (as long as most or all of the nodes are still around)
but
> they still have some arc considerations and it goes a ways to
preventing
> the big hulks with masses of power generators getting an even bigger
> cost break for needing so little a number of stingers to channel all
> that power through.

Another old suggestion is the power allocated is compared to the mass of
an
equivalent human beam battery.
Class-1 = 1, Class 2 = 2, Class 3 = 4, Class 4 = 8 etc, and the number
of
die rolled is the same.  This does disadvantage SV at very short ranges
though, as they can't generate a killing amount of die they need (due to
the
lack of stinger nodes).

Brendan

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet another suggestion for balancing stinger nodes Next: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB