Prev: NetTerrain - Main Next: Re: GenCon 2002 Events [FT/DS/SG]

Re: GenCon 2002 Events [FT/DS/SG]

From: "Randy W. Wolfmeyer" <rwwolfme@a...>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:15:37 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: GenCon 2002 Events [FT/DS/SG]

Well, I've been procrastinating about de-lurking by saying that I'd
start
posting as soon as I caught up on all my list mail, and somehow that
actually happened today.  Anyway here it goes:

I've been a lurker on the list for several years, at least back to when
Jon posted the FMA Skirmish rules.  I'm a graduate student in physics
(focus on numerical relativity).  I play Full Thrust and Star Grunt
occassionally, but I seem to buy stuff a lot more often than I actually
play.

Anywho, the point of my posting was that now that I actually am nearing
completion on some of gaming table terrain, I think I'm going to run an
event or two at GenCon this year.  Due to the size of my terrain setup
and
the fact that it's mostly close urban terrain I think it would be more
suited to FMA Skirmish than Stargrunt.	I like Stargrunt, but in Urban
Terrain having the figure scale match the ground scale is kind of nice.

I know FMA Skirmish is probably a long way off but I want to make sure
its
okay for me to run an event using the rules posted way back when (August
2000 I think?)	Also, I was wondering if there were any updated versions
of the rules from any playtesting?  I like what was in the Beta rules,
but
if I remember correctly there were a lot of gaps.

Hopefully I can get some pictures online to show everyone what my
terrain
looks like.  Think lots of foamcore.

Thanks,
Randy Wolfmeyer

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> Second, I am in contact with KR at GeoHex about "sponsoring" our games
this
> year, and getting his "official" blessing on things we run. KR has a
lot on
> his plate right now, and will get back to me after talking to Wizards
> himself.
>
> I volunteer to organize event timing, and will run the FT Tourney, and
some
> but not all of the demos, unless there's someone else who feels
compelled to

Prev: NetTerrain - Main Next: Re: GenCon 2002 Events [FT/DS/SG]