Prev: Re: Beginnings of a fleet Next: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 00:18:19 +0000
Subject: RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

>If megacorporations are a part of the GZG universe (and they appear to
be
>with the Japanese Corporate Mercenaries), they would be likely to push
>legislation through the UN legalizing thier "security forces" (both
ground
>forces and ship escorts). Likely the ground forces authority would be
>limited to the property of the corporations. From there it is not too
far a
>strech to have a Mercenary Charter spelling out the rights and
>responsibilities of mercenaries and thier employers. Unregistered
>mercenaries would be treated as "illegal combatants".
>=>BOOM<=
>Bother! stepped on a landmine.

Given the number of references to Merc forces in the background
(remember a
lot of this is down to Steve Blease - it's not all my fault!! <grin>),
I've
always assumed that some kind of legalisation/general acceptance of Merc
operations is in force - something like the ideas in
Dorsai/Slammers/Falkenberg et al......

Jon (GZG)