Prev: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB Next: Re: [OT] Narn-summoning...(Re: VTOL stands etc...)

RE: [SG, FMA] Tyrannids

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:01:18 +0100
Subject: RE: [SG, FMA] Tyrannids

Binhan wrote:

>Another possibility is that having worn a stormtrooper helmet prop, the

>vision bubbles are so horribly small that I suspect that their
inaccuracy
>is more likely due to the fact that they can't see worth squat. (i.e.
in
>the movies, you rarely see a stormtrooper try to aim by bringing the
>blaster to eye level.	I think that due to some imperial oversight, a
high
>tech, very expensive optic system was incoporated into the stormtrooper

>armor (as a favor to a high ranking senator with military contracts)
that
>really doesn't work.  After purchasing millions of such units, the
Empire
>could not openly admit that it had made a mistake and continues to
promote
>the use of the system.

Make that an electro-optical system - camera in the gun sight, sight
picture projected on the helmet HUD or retina. No need to bring the
blaster
up to eye level at all. Such systems are in development now, BTW -
George
Lucas couldn't have known about them when he made the first movies, of
course, but given what we know today it makes sense <g>

But I agree, the camera/HUD system used by the Stormtroopers was very
obviously made by the lowest bidder <g>

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB Next: Re: [OT] Narn-summoning...(Re: VTOL stands etc...)