Prev: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB Next: Re: VTOL stands, Traveller Figures, and Beth

Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 15:54:08 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB

Roger Books schrieb:
> Now, we're betting on it being made small enough to
> run an armoured vehicle, but I bet nobody would really
> care if it needed the hydrogen from a liter of water
> every day.  Once you reach that point there
> is no incentive to get better it efficiency will mostly
> stop going up.

Even if you use a liter of water a day, fuel will basically have
stopped being a logistics burden. My rather small car has a 40 Liter
fuel tank. I don't know what size a M1's or Leopard's fuel tank is, but
I bet it is rather bigger. Enough for months of unrefuelled operations.

Your crew will need more drinking water than that, even in temperate
climates.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB Next: Re: VTOL stands, Traveller Figures, and Beth