Prev: RE: Shipfigs, was Near-Topic: G forces Next: Re: VTOL stands, Traveller Figures, and Beth

RE: SNOW JOB

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:15:21 +1100
Subject: RE: SNOW JOB

G'day,

> weather conditions and effects on  troops, vehicles,

Well I'd say (off the top of my hat) that all movement is treated as one
grade lower (though frozen rivers would now be easier to cross I'd
guess)

>visibility,

If currently snowing, close range only, if not snowing, but snow covered
then no effect on vis (assuming you don't suffer glare).

> weapons, sensors, etc. clothing

PA probably don't see much difference as the suit is taking up the
slack,
but normal guys may find their motivation drops.

> avalanche threat in mountainous terrain or around glaciers.

After each round of firing roll a D12 on a 1-2 you messed up when you
thought that snow pile was safe.... ;)

> threat of accidental immersion and casualties or fatalities.

I'd say they become automatic casualties.

> wildlife.

Yetis..... ;)

Cheers

Prev: RE: Shipfigs, was Near-Topic: G forces Next: Re: VTOL stands, Traveller Figures, and Beth