Prev: Re: VTOL stands, Traveller Figures, and Beth Next: RE: OT: Dangerous ground

Re: Colourful Australian Lingo

From: aebrain@a... (Alan E Brain)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:57:22 +1100
Subject: Re: Colourful Australian Lingo

> >  So what do you call a gumnutted Pom Reffo who has done a runner and
> > returned to the UK (my father in law)

> " A typical whinging pom that couldn't hack it in the greatest country
on
> earth" springs to mind... (Big grin).

Brendan, you should really tell the list about some of your experiences
with sharks. Maybe the one where one of em still had hold of your leg
when you got out of the water? [a] Maybe this guy was intelligent enough
to prefer a land where people ate fish, rather than the converse. :-)

AH! Now I know why you own all those fishing-tackle shops! [b] A
carefully-crafted plan of REVENGE! Nice one, Brendan.

Back On Topic: All the population studies I've seen for the GZG-verse
colonies haven't taken into account any backflow - people who couldn't
hack it (or more often, had more sense than to try).

[a] But to set the story straight, they weren't very big sharks, and as
Brendan told me (and I quote his exact words) "The last two sharks to
bite me both died in agony."

Prev: Re: VTOL stands, Traveller Figures, and Beth Next: RE: OT: Dangerous ground