Prev: RE: SNOW JOB Next: RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

RE: OT: Dangerous ground, was Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:08:58 -0500
Subject: RE: OT: Dangerous ground, was Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

At 06:01  5/02/02 -0800, you wrote:
>There's also some domestic political controversy about 'unlawful
>combatants' and the Geneva Conventions, but that's another matter
>entirely.

>The down sided to this is the kidnapping of the American journalist,
the
treatment of the 'unlawful combatants' being used to justify the
kidnapping.

Pretty much a case of "whatever excuse is convenient" since the first
four journalists were shot before this was an issue
Also, I've seen reports of some of the Taliban fighters being held by
the Afghan government--they're saying "We'd *love* to go to Cuba!
Please!"  Conditions in an Afghan-run prison being, understandably, a
bit more Spartan than Camp X Ray.

Prev: RE: SNOW JOB Next: RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation