Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: RE: SNOW JOB

Re: Rattling the Cage

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 07:25:09 -0800
Subject: Re: Rattling the Cage

>From: KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de (K.H.Ranitzsch)
>To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
>Subject: Re: Rattling the Cage
>Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:25:16 +0100

Even
>soldiers sometimes get things wrong. Criticism is designed to put this
>right. Yes, civilians usually have only a vague notion of what soldiers
do
>and have to face, but it is then the military's task to explain
themselves
>-
>just as any politician, trade union, church or whatever institution or
>people. Yes, there are silly or ill-meaning people where explaining
won't
>help, but these have to be faced in open debate.

I agree with you when it comes to issues of importance, such as conduct,

etc.  What I meant in my original comments was that when it comes to the

hardships soldiers endure, it would be inappropriate of me, a civilian
with
a soft life, to belittle them.

2B^2

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: RE: SNOW JOB