Prev: Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife Next: Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife

Re: [OT] RE: Colourful Australian Lingo

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:51:29 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [OT] RE: Colourful Australian Lingo

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:09:57 -0000  Christopher Downes-Ward
<Christopher_Downes-Ward@acuma.co.uk> wrote:

>> I've been here since 1968, so could be described as a gumnutted Pom
Reffo (Immigrant from the UK who's got Australian Citizenship). <<
> So what do you call a gumnutted Pom Reffo who has done a runner and
returned to the UK (my father in law) <

Well, if he goes back and forth a couple more times, "Ping-pong Ball"
comes to mind... <g>

Phil, who knew a family that emigrated and returned three times (both
ways) in about 5 years. Ah, the joys of working for a certain
multi-national media corporation...
----
(Dr) P.A. Atcliffe
Senior Lecturer
Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
University of the West of England, Bristol
Phone: +44 (0)117 344 2496
Fax:   +44 (0)117 344 3800

Prev: Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife Next: Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife