Prev: Re: [FT] Tech Trees Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

Re: Near-Topic: G forces

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:44:41 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

On  5-Feb-02 at 13:39, Brian Bilderback (bbilderback@hotmail.com) wrote:
> Roger Burton West wrote:
>
> > >Just checking some numbers - can anyone tell me how many G's the
Human
> >body
> > >can stand, and can anyone theorize/postulate how much that number
might
> >be
> > >upped with any future tech that can help us (ie how many WILL we be
able

> > >withstand in the timesetting of a FT/DSII universe)?
> >
> >FB1 has some "colour" information at the back of the book suggesting
> >that all warships are fitted with fairly hefty acceleration
compensators.

> Once I have FB1, I'll look into that.  In the meantime, I still prefer

> Fold/Jump PSB to true acceleration.

I've never quite understood the whole "enter a fold at high speed"
thing.	I'm looking outside and sitting still.	Of course the
earth is going around the sun at high speed.  The sun is going around
the galactic core at even higher speed.  The Milky Way is
moving away from distant galaxies at near light speed.	It's all
relative.

Personally, for gaming purposes I like jump points.

Prev: Re: [FT] Tech Trees Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces