Prev: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: Near-Topic: G forces

RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:06:16 -0700
Subject: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

Well, you could also argue that there would be religous groups who think
FTL travel is evil or that fusion plants are evil since they emulate the
sun.  We still game as if FTL exists and is common.

I don't see that having complete genomic data on someone is any
different than a comprehensive ID card/chip with all your pertinent
information - hair color, eye color, weight, skin color, shoe size.  It
would be in fact better since it's harder to fake your genes than it is
to change your hair color.

Look at the current debate on a US National ID card with a smart chip
that might include stuff like your medical history, allergies, criminal
record, tax record etc all on file.

Totalitarian governments or Dictatorships would love to have that kind
of information on tap to track the movements, actions and wherabouts of
dissidents.  Who is to say that the future doesn't have totalitarian
governments?

--Binhan