Prev: Re: ATTN: LASERLIGHT Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

RE: FT: Pre-read questions

From: Michael Brown <mwbrown@s...>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:48:13 -0800
Subject: RE: FT: Pre-read questions

Just to let you all know where john is going, take a look at a map of
Southern
California.  Find US Interstate 15 between San Bernardino and Las Vegas
Nevada.
 About the halfway spot is Barstow California.	About 35 miles (60 km)
north is
Fort Irwin.  Notice that this is smack in the middle of the Mojave
Desert.
 There are NO trees.  Only those that are stationed there see the inside
of a
building.  John is lucky, it will only be cold and windy (temp @
freezing at
night and @ 60 F in the middle of the day).  My first visit (of many)
was in
late July through early September.  Daytime high of @120 F.  Did I say
there
were NO trees?	Creosote bushes, alkali flats, rocks, sand, dust, 2
varieties
for rattlesnake, scorpions,  sand, and more rocks.  Oh, and no dial
tone.

And we wonder why he gets cranky.

Michael Brown