Prev: Re: FT: Pre-read questions Next: Re: FT: Pre-read questions

Re: FT: Pre-read questions

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 16:40:42 -0800
Subject: Re: FT: Pre-read questions

Beth Wrote:

> > > I'm thinking of, once I've learned the game, designing a "Cutter,"
> > > something in the destroyer to Cruiser range, but without FTL,
> > > to handle system defense on far-flung colony systems.
> >
> > Just be wary of the fact that for "pick-up games" (i.e. not part of
> > scenario of campaign) that this can be potentially unbalancing as
>they're
> > not paying for FTL and so can pack on more weapons for their mass
>whereas
> > the FTL capable ships are paying for something that doesn't really
>help them
> > in game.

I'm a big fan of campaigns and scenarios, so it will be less of an issue
for
me, but I'll definitely remember that....

Then Laerlight wrote:

>Add 10% to their cost to make up for it.

Either that or come up with new House Rules or scenario settings that
make
FTL help mor in the game itself.  Once I've actually rrad and played the

game, i'll feel more qualified to actually implement such ideas.

2B^2

Prev: Re: FT: Pre-read questions Next: Re: FT: Pre-read questions