Prev: RE: Re: FT: Pre-read questions Next: Re: FT: Pre-read questions

Re: FT: Pre-read questions

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:45:40 -0600
Subject: Re: FT: Pre-read questions

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:06:31 -0800, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker
<s_schoon@pacbell.net> wrote:

>> 2) How is FTL travel handled?  Is it a jump (al la B5), a "Warp" al
la Star
>> Trek, or a "hyperspace" a la Star Wars?  Or is it up to the player?
>
>Somewhat akin to ST or SW, though not exactly either.

This is true, however I'll make two points.

First, the Earthforce Sourcebook for the B5 RPG has a B5 version of FT
in it
(by Jon Tuffley), so you can easily take the B5 ideas from that.

Second, it's generic enough that you can easily make up your own rules.
Jon
makes a jump gate figure set (I have it). It's very easy to say, "Only
ships
with FTL can jump anywhere, all others jump at the jump gate", or even,
"No
ship can jump through a jump gate without an FTL drive."

House/scenario rules like this are very easy to cobble together. The
flexibility of the game can't be stressed enough.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@att.net

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: RE: Re: FT: Pre-read questions Next: Re: FT: Pre-read questions