Prev: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:31:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Ryan Gill wrote:

> At 4:40 PM -0800 2/3/02, John Atkinson wrote:
> >
> >Hrm. . . Could I find 10,000 women with that kind of
> >self-control?  Possible, but I'd want to enforce it.
> >Maybe a 1- or 2-year contraceptive implant?
>
> Likey your problem would be an issue of controlling those men. Not the
Women.

I was just going to comment similarly...

Finding 10,000 MEN with 'that kind of self control' might be even more
difficult... :> So, stick the men with the contraceptive jab. It's our
problem too, gentlemen...

It's pretty well established in FTverse fluff and SG2 figure lines that
damn near all the militaries are fully co-ed. I can't see quasi-civilian
things like colonizing efforts being any different.

The one exception would be if you've got some sort of oddball
prison-planet/colonization effort going on. Personally, I can see better
things to do with habitable planets than use them as prisons. Stick the
convicts in asteroid habs, and let regular people do your colonizing.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[