Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 21:08:01 -0500
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

At 3:50 PM -0600 2/3/02, DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
>yep! train train train!
>
>and pray, pray, pray, that all goes  well after the fight  starts!
>
>and when the  enemy breaks through the  perimeter, outflanks the
firing
>line and etc, you can bet some one will shoot right back at the  enemy
>COMING HIS/HER WAY and shooting  at HIM/HER. . . . .
>
>combat vision is TUNNEL VISION,  not cinemscopic views.

Training takes over somewhere in there. Motorcycling is the same sort
of thing in some respects. A lot of training and practice is getting
you over the first insticts that interfere with what will really save
your life.

The most easy thing to explain with motor cycling is a rear wheel
slide. If you let up on the brakes you high side in some situations.
Its far better to low side than high side. Getting out of a rear
wheel slide (be it power or brake caused) is to continue doing what
you are doing and slowly let up.  Counter steering is another
example. When you see riders on two stroke GP bikes get into a rear
wheel slide and they chop the throttle they tend to high side just
after. GP bikes with their high power to weight ration are really
good at tossing the rider off at an oblique angle and following said
rider end over end. (John, if you don't motorcycle, I don't expect an
answer based on your own concepts of voices of opinion on past life
experience)

>LOL you , see my 18 year olld was alset to engage an enemyaction FRONT,
>in support of the forward movement of the let flank fire team that was
>flanked, shot up and then killed by HIS friendly fire.

Likely you'll have specific people kitted out with the OICW rather
than the entire platoon. Somewhere more than the two or so grenadiers
but less than the entire platoon.

>all he saw was BAD GUYS SHOOTING HIS  BUDDIES-HE DID NOT REMEMBER HE
>WAS SWITCHED TO HTWIW-GL MODE!

Yeah, but bad reflexes can cause the same kind of trouble if he does
the same thing with a saw or even an M-16 on burst.

>see? he shot to stop a flank attack on his position, without thinking,
>and the  rest is  history in my little HTWIW story!
>
>and in my own personal example, i was glad to have the  thumper, and
>cried not a tear over the lines down.
>
>LOL-if the three of us had not happened by the intersection would have
>been over run and the radio/tv station captured. the ARVN rangers
tossed
>us LMG, M-16 and M-79 ammo  over their barbed wire. we were the
official
>main resistance for that day-an army of three.

Some incidents are just so. Organized chaos.

>by the way how did you make that frontal view of a tank with a
keyboard?

The tank is my M2/3 Daimler Ferrer Scout car. Really just a bit of
ascii art. You get the image in your head and 'draw' it out. I drew
up a few others as examples. Another fellow on another list has a M8
Armored car as well.

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[