Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:05:17 -0500
Subject: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

> I have read discussions of pregnancy in primitive societies and often
women
> might be tending the fields a few days before and after giving birth.
And
> no, don't ask me about the rates of miscarriages and the infant
mortality
> :-(

The pregnancy situation is not good, but not so much of the work, as the
lack of technology.  There bodies are conditioned to that level of
extertion, so there are fewer problems then you would expect, but when
those
problems occur, they will be sever (without proper medical care).  For a
modern day example, I have a couple of female friends who ride horses.
They
rode up to their last two months, and resumed two weeks after giving
birth.

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON