Prev: RE: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:59:36 +1100
Subject: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

G'day,

> Inherent sexism.  I want guys to make the place
> marginally livable to start with.  And I want to not
> worry about taking care of children...

If that is the sole reason then you're mistakenly chopping off half your
viable work force. Women have been working side by side men in
scientific
research stations for decades and have managed to avoid "the problem" if
the
situation requires it - look at Antarctica for instance, there may not
be a
50:50 split there, but that's because women chose not to apply due to
the
restrictions placed on them, not because they are barred in the first
place.

Cheers

Prev: RE: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[